After starting out as a jazz saxophonist who paid his rent by hustling audiophile speakers on a high-end consumer electronics sales floor, Ben Fowler finessed his way into e-commerce where he began his long standing stint with the internet. He migrated from e-commerce to online marketing, SEM, and SAAS (Software As A Service). Throughout his 10 years of online experience, Ben’s focus and expertise has always been in customer service, engagement and community development. He received his BS in General Studies, Summa Cum Laude, from Portland State University. He also holds a Social Media Marketing certificate from Portland State’s Professional Development Center.
Ben is currently the online community manager for Conduit, a social media site dedicated to accelerating energy efficiency in the Northwest. He is also the associate editor of community for FacebookAdvanced.com.
Past speaking engagements:
- Advanced Facebook Advertising Conference
- PDX Digital Marketing Conference, Speaker – See the video
- Northwest Communications and Energy Innovations Conference, Speaker
- PDX Digital Marketing Breakfast, Panelist
- Association of Energy Engineers Local Chapter Meet Up, Speaker
- Green Professionals Conference, Panelist
- Future of Energy Conference, Moderator
And He still plays the saxophone. You can listen and buy his CD on CDBaby.